Thursday, December 14, 2006

Humourless pregnant woman alert

I'm working until 10PM tonight and sipping on some Earl Grey which I hope will keep me awake long enough for the drive home. I am so exhausted lately.

A colleague remarked on my size yesterday and I nearly punched her in the neck. Wow, you're a lot bigger than last time! Uh, nope, just about the same. Oh! Well, oh, ok.

The correct comment to a pregnant woman is: You look fantastic!

The correct comment to a woman showing you her newborn baby is: What a lovely baby! Great name!

I spoke to my mother last night and she asked if we were still thinking of naming baby 2 Roman. "Well, it's different." Whatever that means. I thought that comment was reserved for use by senior citizens in reference to movies with non-linear plots or depictions of homosexuality. Different! Yes, mom it's different, different from Jason or Luca or many other names.

You see? No more humour left in me.

I can't wait until the end of the day tomorrow (my last day). A is getting very nervous about me going into labour while driving home. I told him I thought I could make the hour drive while in early labour and he nearly had an aneurysm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home